Last Updated on
What are the Best Options for a 125cc Dirt Bike?
We know that people who want to buy a dirt bike are looking for off-road power, high speed, agile, light and soft riding, and of course good rear and front breaks. But as with every other product in the world they also look for price. And depending on the purpose of the purchase, the buyer can be looking for a dirt bike to motocross racing or touring and depending on the weight, age and size of the person there is a particular dirt bike for him/her. Taking all this into account, we made a good list of the 5 top 125cc dirt bikes we found for sale on amazon with its advantages and disadvantages. We focused on dirt bikes of less than 1,000$ so everyone can buy one without needing a deep pocket. We decided to add just the chinese dirt bikes and not from well known brands as honda, yamaha, husqvarna, kawasaki,etc because as we mentioned above, we wanted to give credit to other brands that are a lot cheaper and, in some cases, as good as them. Scroll down to view all our rankings.
These are the Top 5 125cc Dirt Bikes for the price...
1) Apollo AGB 37 Big Size w/ 17-Inch Tires
Apollo 125cc is one of the best considered chinese scooters for the price. You can get one for under 1000$ and they run really well, they are cheap to replace the broken parts and they are gas savers. Although the materials may not be the best and some may eventually break, you can easily replace them with branded or generic ones without any hassle.
Things to consider before buying:
- This 125cc dirt bike is great for fast commuting, to ride on bumps, dirt, mountains. It is best used by adults and teenagers would also love it.
- Max Speed is 56MPH according to manufacturer.
- Sold on amazon by apollo precision tools. The manufacturer provides the warranty.
- Weight,G.W./N.W. 180.4LBS/149.6LBS.
- Easy to assemble.
- You can ride it 100 miles without fueling the tank.
- Clutch MANUAL Transmission.
- Suspension,front/rear * Brakes,front/rear
- 17 inches tires.
- Not California Legal.
2) Coolster 125cc Dirt Bike
This is the most affordable of the 125cc dirt bikes sold on amazon and they have been around for a while. They are also chinese dirt bikes as the apollo above. It has been made by Coolster, and unlike the Apollos, it is CARB approved (street legal in california). It is ideal for teenagers who start riding these kind of bikes, because of its price and features.
Things to consider before buying
- This 125cc dirt bike can be used by younger kids over 12 years old and adults whose weight is less than 220 pounds.
- It can go up to 45 mph.
- Max.riding weight:220 Lbs.
- Needs some assembly.
- Some customers complain about it leaking, that the picture of the ad is different from the one they sent, and that the motor broke down. Contact the manufacturer prior to buying.
- Great for beginners. Its motor is really good, according to customer reviews.
- California Legal (CARB APPROVED).
3) Taotao DB17 125cc Dirt Bike for kids and adults - Best dirt bike for the money
This Dirt bike is made by TaoTao, CARB approved for California. It is one of the best in its kind for the price under 800 bucks currently, and ideal for kids above 12 years old, but it is good for adults as well because it supports more than 230lbs. Comes with 4 strokes, Single Cylinder, 125cc, CDI, Kick Start, Air Cooled, Drive System:Chain
- Ideal for stunts and for trail riding and how to learn to do it.
- CARB approved for California.
- This 125cc pit bike is excellent either for kids and adults.
- Max Speed is +55MPH.
- It comes with front hydraulic and common rear suspension.
- Weight: 220 pounds.
- Transmission:4-speed (1-N-2-3-4) Manual Clutch.
- It is completely adjustable.
If you are looking for a dirt bike under 1,000$ you might be looking for a Coolster or an Apollo 125cc. They are both really good for the price, great for beginner riders, easy and cheap to replace parts if broken, and the average max Speed is 45MPH. Both have its problems like their quality not being as a branded one, but you can get a really decent dirt bike that you or your kid can enjoy for your budget. If you are not pleased with the carburetor of the apollo(we suggest you change it), or you want to replace any other part with a branded part, you can. So you build your own customized dirt bike having these chinese bikes as a foundation and replacing and customizing whatever you want to. If you are looking for CARB approved (California Street legal), you should get either the Coolster or SSR. If you have the money, we absolutely suggest you get the Youth SR125 Jumper because it is a really good quality bike and you will see the difference in the type of parts they use and the way it works. However, not everyone has 1500 bucks to buy one so we decided to put it in the 3rd place in our chart.
1000watt Elite 36v
Other Interesting Articles Related to 125cc Dirt Bikes...
Get Cheap Apollo 125cc
You can buy all the apollo dirt bikes starting at 600$ CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Forum Post about Apollo Dirt Bikes
This is a forum post where they discuss about chinese dirt bikes, specially the Apollo. They talk about the advantages and disadvantages of buying one. HERE.
Online Store in California selling 125cc dirt bikes (Approved in California?)
This is an online store located in california selling all kinds of 125cc dirt bikes (California street legal or not) More Information HERE!!!