Last Updated on
A-Z Guide to Buy a Kids E-Dirt Bike
Electric Dirt Bikes for Kids Under 600 Bucks
Comps of the Best Electric Motocross for Kids
Razor MX350 Electric Dirt Bike for kids
[amazon fields="B0007MZV3C" value="price"]
The first in the series of best electric dirt bikes for kids is the Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. Razor is one of those brands that is so reliable and holds a great reputation among fans of youth dirt bikes. They have never let me down and have a fantastic customer service in case anything goes wrong. This specific model is very affordable, and that is one of the main reasons I included it on this list.
The Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike comes with so many features that elevates it to a great youth dirt bike. These features include:
Concise and compact build, Powered by a battery, Built for off-road riding, Almost silent engine, has one speed, Motor is chain driven, Grip throttle control, Tires are large and knobby, Rear brake can be operated by using your hand, Goes up to 12 miles per hour, no pedaling, Made for youths 13 and up although it seems exagerated because kids of 6+ years old can use it with ease, Comes with a 90-day warranty, Can be used for 30 minutes straight, Made completely out of steel, The torque is high, Handlebars are adjustable depending on height, Built-in retractable kick stand, Foot pegs can be folded, Battery is rechargeable with two 12V (24V total), Measures 44” by 24.5” by 31”, It has been made in 2 colors: blue and black.
- We put it first because it is economical and popular on amazon.
- Small compact bike.
- Runs very well.
- Brakes work outstanding.
- Tires grip well.
- Great for off road adventures.
- Engine charges fast.
- Can be used longer than others without recharging.
- Advertises for 13 and up but is far too small; more built for ages 5-10.
- Slows down with more weight on it or when you ride it on a hill.
- It goes a bit fast, just be careful with your kid and make him use a helmet for precaution.
Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Bike
[amazon fields="B06XK9VDJL" value="price"]
Another dirt mini bike inspired by the award-winning motocross bike rider, Jeremy McGrath. The SX500 McGrath also designed by Razor. It comes with an electric motor that can produce up to 500 Watts of power and carry a load of about 175 pounds while moving at a speed of 15 mph. The dirt rocket SX500 comes with knobby large and wide tires which makes the mini bike to be able to navigate rough terrains easily.
The handlebars also provide that comfortable and smooth ride you dreamt of. You can depend on this piece of artwork for competitions or some simple freestyle jumps. It also comes with a rechargeable battery which, when fully charged, could last about 40 minutes of continuous usage. It contains a fast charging capability which makes the bike dependable when you need it urgently.
The braking system is a dual disk system and it is hand operated for braking accuracy. Double suspension handlebar system. Although the mini bike is designed for adults, kids above the age of 14 can also use it. No doubt it should be included in this list for best electric dirt bikes for kids.
The second of the series of kids’ electric dirt bikes that I will be reviewing is the Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. There is a reason all the bikes I am looking at today are built by the manufacturer Razor; Razor is the leading supporter of youth dirt bikes and they work incredibly well.
The reason I always go to them is I’ve never had any major safety issues, and that is so integral especially when buying a dirt bike for a young person, usually your son or daughter. This one is a bit more expensive than the previous Razor product, and it still has a lot of great features to offer.
The features included with the Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike include:
Built from the inspiration of Jeremy McGrath, one of the most successful motocross riders, Has McGrath graphics and his own personal design, Dirt bike frame is genuine and complete with a high torque, Motor has variable speeds, Can carry youth up to 15 mph, Can be used for 40 minutes straight with no charge, Has dual suspension, Handlebars can be adjusted and raised, Pneumatic knobby tires, Kickstand is equipped with a retractable function, Both dual disc brakes are operated by using your hand, Recommended for kids of14 and up (although it can be used by kids under 10), can fit a rider up to 175 pounds, Chain driven motor, Soft rubber grips, Double crown fork, Metal foot pegs which are foldable, Steel frame constructed, Shatter resistant plastic fairings, Uses three 12V battery system that is rechargeable (36V total), Takes 12 hours to fully charge battery, Measures 56” by 36” by 24.5”, Weighs 98 pounds.
- Professional design.
- Runs smoothly.
- Easy to brake.
- Great for beginners.
- Goes fast, around 25 mph.
- Great traction.
- Performs well even under a bit of snowy conditions.
- Looks more expensive than it costs.
- Affordable price for all that it offers.
- May be a bit too small for teenagers.
- Built more for 9-13 years old rather than 14 & up as suggested by Razor.
- If ran at max speed, it can feel a bit dangerous, specially for a risky kid.
- Adult supervision is required
Razor MX650 Kids Electric Dirt Bike
[amazon fields="B000FK7C60" value="price"]
The last in the series of youth dirt bikes that I will be reviewing is the Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. Again, do you sense a common theme among these youth dirt bikes?
Razor is my favorite provider especially for electric dirt bikes for kids because they are affordable, run great, and, most of all, are safe; this is since they are easy to brake with as they have front brakes. The handlebars are also adjustable so you can get a perfect fit for your child. This model, the MX650, is in between the price of the other two above, but still runs great.
The features included with the Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike are:
Concise and compact built, Electric bike, Uses a 650-watt electric motor, Carries riders up to 17 mph, Uses a true dirt bike design and frame.
Dual suspension, Handlebars are adjustable, Smooth and comfortable, Knobby tires (pneumatic), Very quiet motor, Motor is driven by a chain.
Recommended for people over the age of 16 although in reality kids under 7 can start to ride it with ease, Can carry max 220 lbs, Comes with a 90-day warranty, Can be used for 40 minutes all at once, Made of steel, High torque, Acceleration comes from front, Disc brakes are operated by using your hand, Front tire is 16”Back tire is 14”, Double crown fork, Inspired by the bikes of Supercross, Uses 36V rechargeable batteries.
Takes 12 hours to recharge, Measures 56” inches by 24.5” inches by 36”.
- Its design is one of the most beautiful. It is colorful and looks like if your kid was driver of a motocross off road bike.
- Travels at reasonable speeds for its size.
- Strong material for its price.
Burromax TT250 Electric Dirt Bike for Kids
[amazon fields="B071G3SRW8" value="price"]
TT250 Burromax is another great choice for under 400$. It is the one that comes with lower power of the Burromax Dirt bikes. Assembly of this best kids' dirt bike super easy. You can do it in about 15 min per bike.
These bikes are solid and smooth. They can be used by kids of 6 & Up. Probably 10 years old is the limit. There is no much difference between the TT250 and the TT350 in size. What you can notice in the 350r is the led headlight taillight lithium battery with the digital volt meter which already comes in included. It is lightweight.
Battery life is durable and its riding is smooth. It can be used 2 hours nonstop. Comes in 3 different colors: blue, black and red.
The features included with the Burromax TT250 are:
POWER: 250W 24VDC high torque BDC motor 2-12V 7Ah batteries Charge Time: up to 8 Hrs 2 Speed Selections: (Low Speed 7 Mph-High Speed 14 Mph)QUALITY: Smoother acceleration from a variable throttle control, Awesome welded tube steel frame design with full suspension with Heavy Duty folding footrest and Adjustable riser handle bar, BREAKING: Handle bar mounted rear brake lever to control Rear disc brake on Aluminum Alloy Wheels Large 12.5" diameter tires with Twist Grip variable acceleration for speed control, BATTERY: UL Approved 24V 1.5 Amp battery charger Included with charge times lasting up to 8 hours after full charge. All necessary tools are included for maintenance and very minimal easy installation of handle bars, SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Return within 30 days for a 100% Full Refund.
- The battery is long lasting. Some customers reported it can be used about 8 hours continously before charging it.
- Easy to install.
- Variable speed.
- It is lightweight as indicated in their ads.
- Runs smoothly and it is very easy to get used to it.
- It is ideal for kids around 6 to 10 years old.
- Comes in 3 different colors red, black and blue.
- Costs less than 400 bucks. For its quality, it is a cheap dirt bike for kids.
Burromax TT350 Childrens Electric Dirt Bike
[amazon fields="B07JR24GBT" value="price"]
TT350 Burromax is the updated version of the Burromax TT250. It comes with a bigger 350W 24VDC high torque BDC motor. It also comes with a led headlight taillight lithium battery and a digital volt meter built in. Easy to assemble. It is worth less than 600bucks on Amazon.
They can be used by kids of 6 & Up and also by adults of less than 250lbs if used in an even terrain. 10 years is the best age to take the best of this dirt bike. There is little difference the TT250 and the TT350 in size. It weighs just 47lbs . Battery life is durable and its riding is smooth. It can be used 2 hours nonstop. Comes in 3 different colors: blue, black and red.
- It can be used either by kids around 6+ and adults. Better for kids under 10.
- Supports 250lb on flat surfaces and 145lb off-road.
- It comes out of the box with a led headlight taillight lithium battery and a digital volt meter.
- Comes with a high power 350W motor.
- Easy to install.
- Variable speed. 2 Speed modes with a switch for 8 mph or 17 mph.
- Battery life is considerable comparing to similar priced electric Razor dirt bikes which last less than 40 minutes using it continously. This one can last more than 6 hours after charging it fully.
- It is lightweight: just 47lbs.
- Runs smoothly and it is very easy to get used to it.
- Comes in 3 different colors: black, blue flames and blue carbon.
- Costs less than 600 bucks. It is a reasonable price for its quality.
Razor MX400 Kids Electric Dirt Bike
[amazon fields="B0156S5MUI" value="price"]
The Razor MX400 is another good choice for your kid. Razor is a trusted brand and this one is very similar to the Razor MX350 but a little bigger and a little more expensive.
- Comes in 3 different colors for your choice: white, black and green.
- It is cheap. You can get it for a bit under 300 bucks.
- It can carry 140 pounds kids. It is good for kids of 5-9 years old in my opinion. Don't follow Razor's recommended age of 13+ because they are wrong.
- Very easy to assemble. Doesn's take more than 10 mins.
- It is quiet.
- Very easy for kids that already learned how to ride a bike. Straightforward to ride it, doesn't need a learning curve.
- Max speed is: 14mph. High speed for the price it costs.
MotoTec Electric Dirt Bike 500W
[amazon fields="B00Q3CGJZO" value="price"]
The MotoTec 24v Electric Dirt Bike is another great addition to our best electric dirt bikes for kids collection. Although it comes with more defects than the previous presented options, it comes with a powerful 24v battery and a 500Watt motor 3 speeds : 5, 10, 16 MPH. Manufacturer recommends it for 13+ though customers stated that it can be used by younger kids. Max Rider Weight: 150 lbs.
- Powerful motor of 500Watts.
- Long lasting battery of 24v. 3 hours if it is ridden carefully or 45 mins to 1 hour at full speed or off-road.
- It handles very good on dirt and grass.
- Great beginner dirt bike.
- Takes about 1 hour to assemble it.
- It is ideal for kids around 6 to 12 years old. Not for 13+ though recommended by manufacturer.
- Costs less than 450 bucks. It is a cheap dirt bike for its quality.
Razor MX500 Electric Dirt Bike
[amazon fields="B000B2XR5W" value="price"]
This is just another Razor electric dirt bike. Most of them listed above are similar to this one in performance but it differs in the layout of the model and some of its features are slightly different.
- Very nice model. Looks fantastic when in action.
- Easy to install.
- Comes with a 500W electric motor. It is one of the highest for Razor.
- It can go as fast as 15MPH if at full speed.
- 175-pound weight limit so even a lightweight adult can use it.
- It is ideal for kids around 6 to 12 years old although they are marked to be used by 14+ by Razor.
- Costs less than 600 bucks. It is not the cheapest of the Razors but if you are looking for something better than the MX350, it is definately worth it.
MotoTec 36v Pro Electric Dirt Bike 1000w
[amazon fields="B07N8T5QRV" value="price"]
This is the latest MotoTec model. It comes with a high end 36v 1000w Lithium Pro Battery! It comes with 2x the power that the other Mototec motor comes with. Since it is 2x the power its ride time is also 2x. It can be used for 9 miles before having to re-charge it. It is pretty easy to assemble.
- 3 speeds.
- Max Rider Weight: 150 lbs.
- Max speed: 18MPH.
- Charging time 4-6hours.
- Ideal for 8-12 years old. Not for bigger kids.
- Easy to assemble.
- Can be ride about 9 miles before you have to load the battery.
SAY YEAH Electric Dirt Bike 24V500W
[amazon fields="B07K1QLWY2" value="price"]
This is the direct competition of the Mototec 500W because it comes with similar features and price is about the same. In terms of quality they are both similar too. I would say that you can buy either and they are pretty the same. Goes up to 15miles per hour, it has been made for kids 13+ though we recommended for kids around 10 years old.
- · Max Rider Weight: 150 lbs
- Easy to install.
- Variable speed. 3 speeds at 5,10,16 mph.
- Motor: 24 Volt 500 Watt
- 4-6 hours to fully charge it.
- It is ideal for kids around 9 to 12 years old.
- A lot of fun for a kid starting to ride bikes.
Monster Moto MM-E250-PR 250W Electric bike
[amazon fields="B018F05TEI" value="price"]
This is another cheap option for your kid to start to ride a bike. Since it comes pre-assembled with a toolkit, it is straightforward to put it together. It is safe and durable: comes with a safety speed limiter for the father to toggle. It also comes with decals to put it to the bike.
- Great for younger kids of less than 10 years.
- Easy to install. it comes pre-installed and brings a toolkit.
- Comes with a safety speed limiter.
- It is ideal for kids around 6 to 10 years old.
- Comes in 3 different layouts for your kid to choose from.
- You can get it for as cheap as 250 bucks online.
- One hour of full fun before needing to load the battery again.
- Sturdy and robust.
Video with 2 kids riding on a Razor MX 350 Dirt Rocket
These 11 youth dirt bikes listed above are in our opinion the best options on the market today for kids who want to start to ride. These 11 models have all the features needed to introduce your kid in the motorbike world while keeping them safe from high speeds and risks involved with high torque bikes. And it can help them start to ride dirt bikes before they get to use a real gas powered dirt bike which run at speeds of 40MPH and more.
These Razor dirt bikes are great options for this transition, because kids under 10 years old are at risk when riding at higher speeds because they are really starting to ride and they do not have the experience nor the conscience to speed and understand the risks that they are involved in.
To avoid having accidents with higher torque dirt bikes kids SHOULD start first with a Razor electric dirt bike which are safer and really easy to ride even if you have never used a dirt bike in your life. However, you can find safe, higher torque and faster dirt bikes in Burromax TT250 and TT350.
For easier transport of your kid's dirt bikes, choose the best dirt bike trailer, like the Rage Powersports AMC-400 dirt bike trailer.
Last Updated on 02/20/19 : With the recent update, we took out all the items that did not meet the minimum requirements to be in this chart . Moreover, we deleted the information which we felt that was outdated and we added the products that have been released recently and we believe that should be added to this list.