We know that people who want to buy a dirt bike are looking for off-road power, high speed, agile, light and soft riding, and of course good rear and front breaks. But as with every other product in the world, they also look for the price.
And depending on the purpose of the purchase, the buyer can be looking for a dirt bike for motocross racing or touring and depending on the weight, age, and size of the person there is a particular dirt bike for him/her. Taking all this into account, we made a good list of the 5 top 125cc dirt bikes we found for sale on amazon with their advantages and disadvantages.
We focused on the best 125cc Dirt Bikes costing less than 1,000$ so everyone can buy one without needing a deep pocket. We decided to add just the Chinese dirt bikes and not from well-known brands such as Honda, Yamaha, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, etc because as we mentioned above, we wanted to give credit to other brands that are a lot cheaper and, in some cases, as good as them. The same goes for our favorite trailers, including the Rage Powersports AMC-400 Aluminum Motocross and Dirt Bike Hitch.
Scroll down to view all our rankings for the best 125cc Dirt Bike options.
List of Best 125cc Dirt Bikes
Apollo 125cc is one of the best considered Chinese scooters for the price. You can get one for under 1000$ and they run really well, they are cheap to replace the broken parts and they are gas savers.
Although the materials may not be the best and some may eventually break, you can easily replace them with branded or generic ones without any hassle.
To read more info about this model, head on over to our separate review of this bike.
- Kids Age: 16 & Up.
- Price: From 870$.
- Suspension,front/rear * Brakes,front/rear.
- You can ride it 100 miles without fueling the tank.
- Colors: black.
- Weight,G.W./N.W. 180.4LBS/149.6LBS.
- Max Speed: 55 MPH.
- Max Weight: 220 lbs
- Tires: 17-Inch Tires
- Good average reviews online.
- It comes with a good Samsung/LG battery.
- It is really good for its price. It costs around $800.
- Parts are easy to find and inexpensive.
- Brings a Manual Clutch.
- Very fast and easy to assemble.
- It reaches a max speed of 55MPH.
- It is ideal for teenagers who want to get started because it is easy to learn to ride it.
- The carb that comes out of the box (JINKE) is recommended to be replaced.
- Not Street legal (CARB not approved).
- It needs some customization to use it at its maximum potential.
This is the most affordable of the 125cc dirt bikes sold on amazon and they have been around for a while. They are also Chinese dirt bikes as the apollo above. It has been made by Coolster, and unlike the Apollos, it is CARB approved (street legal in California). It is ideal for teenagers who start riding this kind of bike, because of its price and features.
- It is fast for its cc. Reported 45 mph.
- Max.riding weight:220 Lbs.
- Powerful: Max.power:4.72/7500(Kw/r/min).
- Needs some assembly but is easy to put together and comes almost 100 assembled.
- Good customer support.
- Great for beginners. Its motor is really good, according to customer reviews.
- Ideal for teens of 12+ years old.
- A little heavy.
This Dirt bike is made by TaoTao, CARB approved for California. It is one of the best in its kind for the price under 800 bucks currently, and ideal for kids above 12 years old, but it is good for adults as well because it supports more than 230lbs. Comes with 4 strokes, Single Cylinder, 125cc, CDI, Kick Start, Air Cooled, Drive System: Chain
- Ideal for stunts and for trail riding and how to learn to do it.
- It is a budget dirt bike ideal to get started before buying an expensive dirt bike when you are an expert rider.
- CARB approved for California.
- This 125cc pit bike is excellent either for kids or adults.
- Max Speed is +55MPH.
- It comes with a front hydraulic and common rear suspension.
- Supports 220 pounds on it.
- Transmission:4-speed (1-N-2-3-4) Manual Clutch.
- It is completely adjustable.
- Easy to put together and easy to customize if you are a techie.
- Some customers reported that the instructions were not as clear and they had to call customer service and browse for instructions online.
If you are looking for the best 125cc dirt bike under 1,000$, you might be looking for a Coolster or an Apollo 125cc. They are both really good for the price, great for beginner riders, easy and cheap to replace parts if broken, and the average max speed is 45MPH. Both have their problems like their quality not being as a branded one, but you can get a really decent dirt bike that you or your kid can enjoy for your budget. If you prefer an electric bike, here are some of the top options.
If you are not pleased with the carburetor of the apollo (we suggest you change it), or you want to replace any other part with a branded part, you can. So you build your own customized dirt bike having these Chinese bikes as a foundation and replacing and customizing whatever you want to. But also don’t forget that maintenance also includes cleaning your bike thoroughly. Read our guide on how to clean a dirt bike air filter.
If you are looking for CARB-approved (California Street legal), you should get either the Coolster or SSR. If you have the money, we absolutely suggest you get the Youth SR125 Jumper because it is a really good quality bike and you will see the difference in the type of parts they use and the way it works. However, not everyone has 1500 bucks to buy one so we decided to put it in 3rd place in our chart. With it, doing jumps (tips listed here) or tricks will be much easier.