Micro Mini Kick Scooter Review
(By MICRO KICKBOARD)
#1ST PICK FOR TODDLERS (FOR BOYS AND GIRLS)
Brand: Micro Kickboard.
Ages Recommended:2-5 years.
Max rider's weight: it can support a 44 pound rider.
Colors:Pink, Purple, Blue, Red, Aqua, Green, Orange.
Wheels: Three Wheel Scooter.
Deck: low for smooth riding.
Handlebar: Fixed T-Bar.
Amazon Rating: high reputation with +600 reviews.
- Micro mini kick scooter, by far, is the top rated kick scooter for toddlers on the most popular marketplaces (Ebay, amazon, etc).
- It comes in different colors for boys and girls (pink, purple, red, green, blue, aqua).
- Deck is low-to-the-ground to easily get up and down from it.
- Safe to use! Your kid will not scrape their ankles as with the 3 wheel Razor Jr. lil.
- Ideal for 2,3,4,5 years old.
- Sturdy and well build. The materials are top quality.
- Every Part is replaceable, so if any part breaks, you can buy that single part and you are done.
- It is stable with its 2 wheels on the front and 1 on the back.
- Bundle optional: You have the option to buy the O-Bar (3 in 1) Version. With this version you have the options to use it with the T-Bar, and O-Bar (ideal for turning with ease). With the O-Bar your kid can also be seated. You can get the Micro Mini O-Bar (3 in 1) on Amazon HERE!
- It can't be folded.
- It is a more expensive than the rest of the toddler kick scooters. They start at 79$ and if you buy the bundle option, it costs more than 119$, but it is worth every penny it costs because your kids will use every day and you will not have any trouble with it.
I needed a kick scooter for my son and I started my research...
My 3 year old son and I have been looking for kick scooters and one seller at Toys R Us suggested buying the micro mini scooter for his age, because it was simply the "best one" for his age. Although I am always skeptical about seller's recommendations because they always want you to buy, no matter what, he was definitely right about this one.
My kid used it while he was in the store and wanted to take it. He used it without any problem and it seemed safe and fun, but I thought it was not the right moment to buy before reading further information online. So we left it in the store without buying, but I wrote the price, brand and model in a notebook.
So, first thing I did was to check online. I found out that the Mini Micro is an award winning scooter for preschoolers and that Its innovative design has all the features needed for beginners whose parents take safety seriously. I also found out that on Amazon and Ebay, it was the scooter with the best ratings, even better than any Razor, which was a little surprising (and there are no Razor Scooters in the range of 2-5 years old with good ratings!).
After a week of checking and asking some questions to buyers and also checking the parks and watching what the kids were using (found many using the mini and maxi micro), I decided to get my son what he wanted. I bought it in blue, because he loves that color.
And we finally bought the Scooter...
We bought it for under 80 bucks, which was a little more expensive than average. One month after buying it, these are the comments I want to share with my readers:
- It is really easy to assemble (in less than a minute).
- Extremely easy to use.
- He did not have problems learning how to use. The learning curve is short.
- It is durable: unlike radio flyer and Razor jr., this one is well made with good materials.
- The 2 wheels on the front and 1 on the back combined with the lean and steer action ensures safety and stability for young children. It enables them to learn to use their body weight and balance to steer.Since the deck is low to the ground, it is easy to kick from and they are not so high when they fall.Your preschooler's balance and coordination and skills will be developed as they quickly become proficient scooter riders.
- If your kid is close to the weight limit (44 pounds), I suggest you get the Micro Maxi instead. My kid was close to 40 pounds by the time we bought it so I could definately purchased the Maxi. If your toddler is big, try the Maxi and save money by not buying two scooters.
- The deck is long enough to comfortably put both feet on it. It is wider than any other kick scooter of this type (5" ).
- Easy to scoot, with its solid deck.
- My son did not get injured (not even a scratch or scrape).Easy lean turn mechanism specially made for toddlers.
- Lightweight: although it doesn't fold, it is easy to take the t-bar off and transport it.
In my humble opinion, after watching my son enjoy riding safely hours and hours with this scooter, I think that you will not regret buying it for toddlers of age 3 to 5. For other options for bigger kids, see our list here.
And the maxi micro if your kid is 5-7 years or a bigger kid. And the 3-1 bundle if your kid is 2 years old and needs some help to start to ride with the T-bar.
Be careful about the size, because you want to make sure that you don't have to buy two scooters. Make sure your kid is not close to the weight limit (44 pounds) and if it is, buy directly the maxi micro so you save some money.
If your kid is big (although he might be 3 years old), I suggest you start with the Maxi micro because it is nonsense to buy something that he might use a couple of times before they have to replace it for the bigger one.
Also, if you think this is too expensive for you, I suggest you take a look at the Vokul mini scooter, which is really good as well, and it is a little less expensive (aprox. 55 bucks). NOTE: This is our 1st pick for ages 2,3,4,5 (best toddler scooter).
Micro Mini kick scooter videos: