Last Updated on
Micro Mini Kick scooter Review (By MICRO KICKBOARD)
#1ST PICK FOR TODDLERS (FOR BOYS AND GIRLS)
Brand: Micro Kickboard.
Ages Recommended:2-5 years.
Max rider's weight: it can support a 44 pound rider.
Colors:Pink, Purple, Blue, Red, Aqua, Green, Orange.
Wheels: Three Wheel Scooter.
Deck: low for smooth riding.
Handlebar: Fixed T-Bar.
Amazon Rating: high reputation with +600 reviews.
I needed a kick scooter for my son and I started my research...
My 3 year old son and I have been looking for kick scooters and one seller at Toys R Us suggested buying the micro mini scooter for his age, because it was simply the "best one" for his age. Although I am always skeptical about seller's recommendations because they always want you to buy, no matter what, he was definitely right about this one. My kid used it while he was in the store and wanted to take it. He used it without any problem and it seemed safe and fun, but I thought it was not the right moment to buy before reading further information online. So we left it in the store without buying, but I wrote the price, brand and model in a notebook. So, first thing I did was to check online . I found out that the Mini Micro is an award winning scooter for preschoolers and that Its innovative design has all the features needed for beginners whose parents take safety seriously. I also found out that on Amazon and Ebay, it was the scooter with the best ratings, even better than any Razor, which was a little surprising (and there are no Razor Scooters in the range of 2-5 years old with good ratings!). After a week of checking and asking some questions to buyers and also checking the parks and watching what the kids were using (found many using the mini and maxi micro), I decided to get my son what he wanted. I bought it in blue, because he loves that color.
And we finally bought the Scooter...
We bought it for under 80 bucks, which was a little more expensive than average. One month after buying it, these are the comments I want to share with my readers:
- It is really easy to assemble (in less than a minute).
- Extremely easy to use.
- He did not have problems learning how to use. The learning curve is short.
- It is durable: unlike radio flyer and Razor jr., this one is well made with good materials.
- The 2 wheels on the front and 1 on the back combined with the lean and steer action ensures safety and stability for young children. It enables them to learn to use their body weight and balance to steer.Since the deck is low to the ground, it is easy to kick from and they are not so high when they fall.Your preschooler's balance and coordination and skills will be developed as they quickly become proficient scooter riders.
- If your kid is close to the weight limit (44 pounds), I suggest you get the Micro Maxi instead. My kid was close to 40 pounds by the time we bought it so I could definately purchased the Maxi. If your toddler is big, try the Maxi and save money by not buying two scooters.
- The deck is long enough to comfortably put both feet on it. It is wider than any other kick scooter of this type (5" ).
- Easy to scoot, with its solid deck.
- My son did not get injured (not even a scratch or scrape).Easy lean turn mechanism specially made for toddlers.
- Lightweight: although it doesn't fold, it is easy to take the t-bar off and transport it.