Based on our research and reviews, here are the 10 best 49cc scooters for 2022:
Best 49cc Moped Scooters and Stand up scooters are both a type of lower-powered two-wheeled vehicles that have been gaining in popularity in recent years.
These come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes that are suited to riders of all ages and for a variety of needs. There are lower-powered scooters that are perfect for smaller and even younger riders, as well as scooters that can actually move along at a pretty good clip of speed—it depends on what you are looking for in a scooter. (see detailed description here)
- 1 Our Top Picked 49Cc Scooter
- 2 OVERVIEW OF THE BEST 49CC SCOOTER
- 2.1 1) Coleman Powersports 49cc Moped
- 2.2 2) MotoTec Uberscoot 2X 50Cc Scooter
- 2.3 3) MotoTec Gas Pocket Bike
- 2.4 4) TaoTao ATM-50A1 49cc Scooter
- 2.5 5) TaoTao 49cc Gas Scooter
- 2.6 6) TaoTao Renegade TPGS-805 49cc Moped Scooter
- 2.7 7) ICEBear 49cc Street Legal Moped Scooter, Gas Powered
- 2.8 8) 49cc Dirt Dog ScooterX Stand-up scooter
- 2.9 9) SAY YEAH Gas Scooter 49cc 2 Stroke
- 2.10 10) 49cc TaoTao Sports Bike Racer50
- 3 What Should you consider before buying a low 49cc scooter?
- 4 What is the Difference Between a 49cc and a 50cc Scooter?
- 5 how much do 49cc scooters cost?
- 6 how fast can 49cc scooters go?
- 7 how much is insurance for a 49cc scooter?
- 8 what’s the best 49cc scooter?
- 9 How Fast do 49cc Scooters Go?
- 10 What kind of Gas does a 49cc Scooter Take?
- 11 How Fast is 49cc 4 Stroke in MPH?
- 12 How Fast Does A 50cc Scooter Go?
- 13 How Long Will A 50cc Scooter Last?
- 14 Video of a TaoTao 49cc scooter test drive
- 15 Do You Need a License Plate For a 49cc Moped?
- 16 Verdict
Our Top Picked 49Cc Scooter
OVERVIEW OF THE BEST 49CC SCOOTER
This is the Coleman Powersports JL50QT-14 49cc moped scooter. It is an inexpensive scooter of low HP made by a well-known manufacturer which specializes in motorbikes and four-wheelers. We made a review of the Coleman mini bike here! This scooter can support up to 330 pounds of weight capacity, front and rear hydraulic brakes, 4 strokes, and comes with a 49cc air-cooled,
- The maximum speed limit is about 30MPH as customers stated.
- Supports 330lbs. weight capacity
- Very nice design and it is a trusted company.
- Easy to assemble following Youtube instructions here.
- Best value for the money spent.
- Better than the TaoTao advertised on amazon and for the same price or less.
- A few customers stated having problems contacting Coleman for help.
The UberScoot 2x 50cc scooter is our second option on this list. It is another stand-up scooter with a seat. It is the updated version of the UberScoot Rx Big 50cc. This is a 50cc gas-powered scooter.
It is a great commuting option. It runs at 30MPH with a maximum speed of 35MPH and brings 2 11” oversized knobby dirt tires. This scooter comes with a 2-speed shift to make sure the power of the UberScoot 2x 50cc scooter at low speeds is boosted.
It comes with all the features of the last version of this scooter, the Rx: a quick lock ‘n fold system to store and fold, forged aluminum rims, reinforced steel frame, front single spring Cam-Link suspension system, MX handlebars that can be adjusted and an aluminum deck.
If you ever checked the Evo scooter, this one looks very similar. It is almost the same with some minor changes. If you want to ride this scooter, it is critical to protect yourself and wear protective gear and a helmet
- Easy to assemble: About 20-30 mins to put together.
- Loud noise in first gear and 2nd gear moves fast.
- This 50cc gas-powered scooter is good for off-road trails. Other great off-road scooter options are reviewed here.
- Range: 20 miles per tank.
- Maximum speed: 35 MPH.
- Very nice design.
- Sturdy frame.
- Fast shipping.
- Switching gears is a bit tough.
- The Manual is outdated.
The MotoTec Gas Pocket Bike is the ultimate in pocket bike. Designed for both kids and adults, this mini bike comes complete with a gas-powered motor that will have you zipping around the neighborhood in no time. The MotoTec Gas Pocket Bike features a durable steel frame that can support riders up to 250 pounds and comes equipped with knobby tires that provide excellent traction on all types of surfaces. With its aggressive styling and two-stroke engine, the MotoTec Gas Pocket Bike is sure to turn heads wherever it goes.
- A durable steel frame can support riders up to 250 pounds.
- Knobby tires provide excellent traction on all types of surfaces.
- Aggressive styling and two-stroke engine make this pocket bike stand out from the crowd.
- The gas tank is small, resulting in frequent fill-ups.
- No suspension means that ride quality may be less than ideal on bumpy roads or trails
The TaoTao ATM-50A1 is a great scooter for anyone looking for an affordable, yet reliable transportation option. This model is street legal in most states and comes equipped with plenty of storage space underneath the seat. The TaoTao ATM-50A1 also features a large headlight, taillight, and turn signals, making it safe to ride both day and night. With a top speed of around 35 MPH, the TaoTao ATM-50A1 is perfect for getting around town or running errands. Order yours today and start saving money on gas!
- Top speed of around 35 MPH
- Large headlight, taillight, and turn signals
- Equipped with plenty of storage space
- May be too slow for some riders
Tao is the trusted and well-known maker of a wide range of different scooters of different sizes and levels of power. They are known for their quality design and powerful engines, as well as the high level of performance for the price.
The CY50-B scooter is a gas scooter and the scooter features excellent value and a well-built scooter that can reach the top speed of 45 MPH. The scooter is stylish and finely tooled and features a lot of performance in a small engine.
This model boasts rear brakes and front drum brakes, giving you exceptional stopping power. The CY50 also gets incredibly gas mileage of upwards of 110 MPG. Not only is this a stylish and fun vehicle, but it is also incredibly fuel-efficient as well.
- Max speed 45MPH. Not recommended to go that fast, though.
- Street legal.
- Storage space under the seat. Plus a luggage rack.
- Easy to assemble.
- it is Gas Saver and has excellent fuel capacity.
- Drive safely! Don’t try to go over 40MPH because it is more unstable as you go faster.
Another great offering from the popular and trusted electric scooters maker Tao is the Renegade. It is a street-legal scooter that looks great and performs just as well.
This is a well-built scooter that won’t break the bank. It features a fully automatic transmission and the scooter has drum brakes up front disc brake and rear disc brakes. It has a hydraulic suspension for a smooth ride and a twist throttle for easy speed control. The vehicle also comes with a storage trunk mounted to the back of the scooter for easy carrying space. It runs at the top speed of 35MPH.
As with other TaoTao models, this one scooter features an electric start engine and a kick-start backup.
The biggest complaint about this model is that it lacks the top speed of models in the same cc class.
- This is the cheapest scooter of this type you could find online.
- Max speed is 35MPH.
- Street Legal and a fully automatic transmission drive
- Comes with a trunk for storage and features an electric start
- Well packed and easy to assemble following instructions.
- Comes with all the paperwork for you to get the plates.
- Some customers reported that the max speed claimed by the manufacturer is way over the real. 25MPH max speed and not 35MPH as advertised.
ICEbear is a trusted manufacturer of a variety of outdoor motorsport items, as well as related sports apparel. They have a wide line of scooters, mopeds, and ATVs that are known for their quality and value.
The ICEbear scooter is a street-legal, gas scooter that is available in a variety of different colors. It can comfortably seat two adults and includes a trunk as well. It’s a fully automatic scooter and features an automatic kick-start engine that can get up to 120 MPG and reach a max speed of around 30MPH (though customers reported that max speed is around 22MPH). It includes front drum brake and rear disc brakes, with a weight capacity of 220 pounds.
The biggest complaint about this 49cc model is that it does not do very well for hilly trips and is better suited for flat surfaces and terrain.
- Street Legal
- Legal in California!
- Economical: Priced to sell fast.
- Fuel capacity is good and Do not spend much gas.
- Not a fast scooter. The highest speed is only 22 mph.
- Doesn’t work well on uphills.
This ScooterX Dirt Dog scooter is another good option if you are looking for a stand-up type of scooter. It can reach the top speed of 25MPH if you run it on a good surface. It is inexpensive. Usually, you can get it for less than 500$ and they offer free shipping if you live in the USA. It is foldable, off-road (comes with fat tires), has rear disc brakes and front disk brakes, and with a fully automatic transmission clutch. It comes with a handlebar that is wide for stability purposes.
- Inexpensive. You can buy it for less than 500 bucks online and with free shipping.
- It comes with fat tires so you can ride it on and off-road.
- The handlebar is wide so it is stable.
- Fast for a stand-up scooter. It can go up to 25 MPH in ideal conditions.
- Easy to assemble.
- Hard to tighten the handlebar.
Say yeah gas scooters manufacturer also offers this stand-up scooter 49cc engine version which comes with a seat. It supports 220lbs and it can ride at a max speed of 25MPH. It is a great scooter for around 500$ which comes with free shipping through the USA. It features fat 11 inches tires in both rear and front disk brakes and it is a single-user scooter.
- Cheap! You can get it for around 500 bucks with free shipping. Great price for the kind of scooter and features to be purchased.
- Max speed: 25MPH on roads.
- Robust and Well built with good materials.
- Neat design.
- Tires: Front and rear 11-inch pneumatic knobby tire.
- It is good for kids of 13+ years old.
- Assembling: It is almost assembled but you need to put together the handlebars and seats.
- Comes with a warranty with 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- The engine has EPA Approved.
- Only one person can be seated
This one has been released recently by TAO This is a motorbike much faster and more powerful than the rest of the Taos 50cc scooter. The 49cc engine can reach about 40MPH, whereas the other can only go up to 25MPH. MA requires a standard driver’s license and registration. Comes with an odometer.
- Included MSO/MCO and the Odometer Statement.
- The manufacturer sells all kinds of replacement parts in case something breaks.
- Looks like a kawa ninja motorcycle but it is a scooter.
- The nice painting job is done. It looks very nice.
- It can go up to 40MPH.
- You can ride free on the roads.
- Fast shipping and well packed.
- Easy to start it.
- Relatively quiet.
- Nice cornering.
- It is easy, smooth, and fun to ride.
- The manual is not well written and it has a lot of grammatical errors and it doesn’t match with the model.
- Mirrors do not let you have a good view of the road.
What Should you consider before buying a low 49cc scooter?
When starting out on a scooter, or choosing one for a younger person, the power of the scooter you choose is probably the most important consideration you have to make. The power of a scooter engine is measured in cubic centimeters, called cc. The basic rule of thumb is, that the higher the cc, the more powerful the engine, and thus, the faster it can travel. Lower HP scooters are great for beginners and younger riders as they give an authentic feel without the danger of the power and speed of a high-power engine. But if you’re confused between a 49cc and a 50cc scooter, know that there’s not much of a difference between the two.
But it would be remiss to say that higher cc engine power bikes are only suitable for adults. Truthfully, the weight of the rider also plays a big role as a larger person may not be able to get the same top speeds out of a low-HP bike that a smaller person would. It is important to keep the size of the rider in mind as well.
Low-powered scooters, on a flat stable surface, can reach speeds of 40 MPH, which is suitable for your daily driving needs for most people who live in cities or around town. They do lack power, so the power limits of this motor should be duly noted.
This is not the type of scooter you want for hilly areas or to carry heavy loads; these vehicles are made for lighter people and the more weight you put on them, the less efficiently they run, and the slower they go. Case in point, a low HP scooter is not the vehicle you want if you plan to have passengers.
Such scooters are best for pleasure riding or short commutes and make great modes of transportation for those shorter trips. They are efficient vehicles that can go quite a way on a tank of gas.
Aside from the internal combustion engine, you want to consider the ergonomics of the scooter as well. Does the handlebar placement feel natural and comfortable to you? Is the seat wide enough? Will you be able to ride comfortably on said scooter? These are things you will need to determine the quality of in order to make the best choice for your wants, needs, and budget.
It is also important to note that in many places, there are training and licensing requirements to legally operate even a low-HP scooter. Be sure to check your local laws and regulations to ensure that you have successfully complied with all rules and regulations associated with the legal operation of a scooter. You do not have to have a license in every locale, but many scooters of them do require or at least strongly recommend a basic safety training course.
What is the Difference Between a 49cc and a 50cc Scooter?
There is very little difference between a 49cc and 50cc scooter. In fact, the only real difference is that a 50cc scooter is slightly more powerful than a 49cc scooter. This slight increase in power is due to the larger engine size of a 50cc scooter. However, both 49cc and 50cc scooters are considered to be low-powered vehicles. As such, they are often restricted to lower speed limits and may not be able to keep up with traffic on busy roads.
how much do 49cc scooters cost?
You can get one for as low as 620$. TaoTao or Icebear. A good branded one like the Vespa can cost you about 2000-8000$.
how fast can 49cc scooters go?
A Chinese type 49cc scooter averages 30-45MPH. If you buy a high-performance scooter it can top 60-70MPH.
how much is insurance for a 49cc scooter?
You can get progressive insurance for as low as 75$ per year.
what’s the best 49cc scooter?
You can check in this post which ones we decided to put as the top 3. However, you can check all the types of scooters available on amazon Moped Search results.
How Fast do 49cc Scooters Go?
49cc scooters typically have a top speed of around 30mph. However, this will vary depending on the model and brand of the scooter. Some 49cc scooters are capable of an average speed of up to 35mph.
What kind of Gas does a 49cc Scooter Take?
The 49cc gas scooters typically take unleaded gas with an octane rating of 87.
How Fast is 49cc 4 Stroke in MPH?
The 49cc 4-stroke engine is capable of reaching speeds of up to 25 miles per hour.
How Fast Does A 50cc Scooter Go?
A 50cc scooter typically has a maximum speed of around 30mph. However, this will vary depending on the specific model and brand of scooter. Additionally, the weight of the rider can also affect the maximum speed that the scooter can reach. Generally speaking, a lighter rider will be able to reach higher speeds on a 50cc scooter than a heavier rider. Ultimately, the best way to determine how fast your 50cc scooter can go is to consult the owner’s manual or speak with the manufacturer.
How Long Will A 50cc Scooter Last?
A 50cc scooter will last anywhere from 2 to 5 years, depending on how well it is maintained and how often it is ridden. A 50cc scooter that is ridden daily and kept in good working order will last longer than one that is only ridden occasionally and not well maintained. Ultimately, the lifespan of a 50cc scooter depends on how it is treated.
Video of a TaoTao 49cc scooter test drive
Do You Need a License Plate For a 49cc Moped?
You will need a license plate in order to ride your 49cc moped on public roads. You can apply for a license plate through your local DMV office. You will need to provide proof of ownership and insurance in order to get a license plate.
Gas scooters come in a wide array of shapes and sizes. Low-HP scooters are a great choice for younger riders and those who simply want to use it for low-speed driving around town.
We touched on the basics you need to consider before choosing the best scooter for your needs and budget. We also briefly reviewed three bikes that cover a range of price points and available options. Any of these is an excellent beginner’s scooter.