SCOOTER BUYER’S GUIDE
- 1 What is the best scooter for a 2-year-old?
- 2 Comparison of best 3 wheels scooters for 2-year-olds
- 3 What age is a 2 wheel scooter best for?
- 4 Why are all the 2-year-old scooters made with 3 wheels?
- 5 Are scooters good for toddlers?
- 6 Which scooter is best for a toddler?
- 7 What are the best scooters for kids?
- 8 How do you teach a toddler to ride a scooter?
- 9 Which 3-wheel scooter is best?
- 10 Radio Flyer First Scooter in action
What is the best scooter for a 2-year-old?
Have you seen those little toddlers of 2 years old pushing those feet on the sidewalks? Exactly, there are scooters specially issued for the little ones.
Toddlers of 1 or 2 years old can start to use these safe and fun toys right after they start to walk. And they can spend hours and hours playing in the playground with their Lil friends. Moreover, it helps them mentally and physically to develop their senses. Plus, it is the starting point to learning how to balance themselves before they learn how to ride a bike.
Observe how fun it is to scoot in the park while their parents rest at least a little. And how cheap they are compared to those electronic devices that don’t do any good to them in the long run.
Below is our list of the best scooters for 2-year-olds (and other toddlers) on Amazon! Take a look at them!
Comparison of best 3 wheels scooters for 2-year-olds
The Original Micro Mini kick scooter is one of the first 3 wheel scooters that has been released. It is manufactured by Micro Kickboard USA. In 2012, this very scooter won in the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany (official website here) different distinctions such as Parent’s choice approved seal and the Oppenheimer Toy Award Seals for the best toy and best show awards.
The Toy Report awarded it the Best Preschool Scooter. Also, it was also recognized by Learning Express Stores for bringing out the Best Outdoor Toy.
- It is great for starters/beginners
- It is one of the safest for toddlers to ride
- High-end quality wheels
- Easy to transport thanks to its lightweight
- You can lock the steering so it doesn’t move
- Low to the ground deck
- It does not fold to transport.
LaScoota is our second option for 2-year-old kids. It is long-lasting and it was made to be used by toddlers and bigger kids. It brings a small sit for the little ones and the T handlebar for the bigger ones. It is a solid scooter that has been well built. Kids can sit down or stand upon it with its four height options.
- Very easy to learn how to use it. Many people stated that their 2-year-old kid learned how to use it from the first minute they purchased it.
- Its quality is excellently made with solid materials.
- Comes with a removable seat and a helmet.
- The wheels are well built.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes with an adjustable handle that goes up and down depending on the toddler’s height.
- Safe and sturdy.
- The lights on the wheels make its design attractive to kids.
- Lightweight, easy to store, and carry.
- Very high-quality scooter for the price!
- The handlebar won’t stay tight.
The Radio Flyer my first scooter is another one that has been around for a lot of years. It is a great value for the money it costs. It is a lot cheaper than the first two options. As the name indicates, this stand-up scooter is ideal for toddlers of 18 months to 2 years old.
It is smaller than the rest of the scooters considering that is issued for the beginners in mind. It is special for the kids who want to start because its learning curve is really short.
Consider buying a bigger one as soon as your kid ages and weighs more because it is not a robust scooter that can support much riding weight. The foot deck is bigger than the others to make the little ones comfortable.
- This scooter has the right turn ratio for kids.
- Materials: It is sturdy enough to ensure their safety, but made of plastic. It seems durable.
- Ideal for 2 years old when they start to ride them or even for 3-year-olds.
- Lightweight for transportation.
- Easy to assemble/put together.
- Great for beginners: Minimum Learning curve.
- Great present/gift for a 2-year-old kid.
- Some people stated that they like the fact that the scooter has two wheels in the front instead of the back.
- Doesn’t come with an adjustable handlebar.
The Ybike GLS Pro is yet another three-wheel scooter that comes with 2 wheels on the front and one on the rear to make it easy to turn and push. It is good for kids who start to scoot (avg 2 years old) up to 5 years old.
Its T-Bar is adjustable extending from 28 to 35 inches so your kid can keep using it when he grows up. The wheels that come on the front are bigger to make sure it is stable and help maneuver it. The deck comes with a special non-slip system to keep your kid safe and avoid falling down.
It is straightforward to put it together/assemble it. You do not need any special tools to do it. This scooter has all the features that the top-of-line three-wheeled scooters come with: An adjustable handlebar, 2 wheels on the front, a non-slip platform, and its design is pretty.
On top of all those benefits, it is easy and fun to ride and safe as well. It’s a no-brainer that this one should be included in your options for best scooters for 2-year-olds.
- It comes with an adjustable handlebar (which has 3 adjustable heights) and durable wheels.
- Great for 2 to 5-year-old kids.
- Easy to learn. It comes with 2 wheels on the front which makes it easy to steer.
- Easy to build.
- The wheels eventually can come off the attachment while the kids ride.
The Micro Deluxe scooters are high-end scooters like no other on the market! Its smooth riding gives your kids a sense of delight, a one-of-a-kind riding experience. Its deck is soft and stable which helps your kid push their feet safely avoiding the falls.
Micro Mini Deluxe Handlebar Height can be adjusted from 17″ up to 25″ from the deck. It is good for kids of 2 to 5 years old. They are easy to learn to ride, robust and turn smoothly.
- Has been on the market for a long time so it is a well-tested scooter. Thousands of kids started to scoot with it.
- Kids can learn how to use it in less than 20 minutes.
- It is special for kids of around 2 or 3 years.
- Easy to turn and solid/robust built.
- Comes with an adjustable handlebar to fit your kid’s height.
- Very fun to ride.
- They are high-quality scooters.
- Easy to assemble.
- One of the best 2 or 3-year-old presents you can buy for your kids.
- It will definitely last more than 2 or 3 years of use. It is long-lasting.
- Safe: Kids will rarely fall.
- Costs a couple of bucks more than the rest, but it is worth the extra money to buy it over others that are available for less.
- It is a little more expensive than the rest of the scooters of the same type, but it is worth it to spend 10-20 more bucks on a quality scooter.
Globber Primo stands out for its beautiful design. It comes in different colors for your kid to choose their favorite one.
The first thing we noticed about the Globber Primo 3-Wheel Scooter is its cool design. It has a cutting-edge touch that kids are mostly attracted to.
It is best suited for kids of 3-6 years old, but many 2-year-old kids can use it without any trouble. It comes with a handlebar to adjust kids’ height so even older kids of 5 or 6 years can use it. it is not as robust as others in this list so it won’t last forever and it can break.
- Ideal for 2 to 5 years olds.
- Adjustable handlebar.
- Well built. Robust.
- Smooth riding.
- Safe to ride. Kids do not fall easily.
- Good brake system.
- A lot of fun for kids. Very good for beginners.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver/turn.
- Easy to put together.
- Product reliability: If you are looking for this product to last for years, you would be better off with a micro mini. This scooter won’t last more than 1 year if used continuously.
What age is a 2 wheel scooter best for?
The 3 wheeled scooters are especially suited for toddlers and younger kids up to 5 years old. They build the rider’s confidence to lean off-center. This pushes them to learn to ride afterward a 2-wheeled scooter, a balance bike, or a bike without security wheels. If your kid is very comfortable with the 3-wheeled scooters, has experience riding it, and is looking for a bigger challenge, we recommend he start to use a 2-wheeled scoot. However, it depends on the kid at what age to start. Normally we suggest that with 3 years, they can start to try it. But the best is above 4 or 5 years old when they usually learn how to bike.
Why are all the 2-year-old scooters made with 3 wheels?
Because at the age of 2, they are not mature enough to use a 2-wheeled scooter and they need an extra wheel to be able to balance correctly and not fall. The 3 wheels give them extra security to help them maneuver and develop their confidence prior to learning how to bike or use a 2 wheeled scooter.
Are scooters good for toddlers?
Yes, kids of 15 months can start to use the 3-wheeled scooters. They are entertaining toys, allowing them to move from one place to another freely. They are easy to learn, they help them with their balance, and they develop their confidence as well as their fine and gross motor skills.
Which scooter is best for a toddler?
In this article, we recommended these 6 scooters which we consider the best ones on the market for toddlers. Our top recommendation is the Micro mini because of the quality of the product and its usability.
What are the best scooters for kids?
We have a whole section where you can check all our recommendations. Go to Scooters for kids.
How do you teach a toddler to ride a scooter?
This is a good article for this purpose. They explain to you in 10 steps how you can teach them to learn how to scoot.
What age is a micro scooter for?
The micro mini can be used by kids of 2 years +.
Which 3-wheel scooter is best?
In this article, we have given 6 options. Read each of them so you can learn what is the best one to buy depending on your budget and your tastes.